Wednesday, July 30, 2008

LOUISIANA

Hey Ya'll! We'll we have finally made it to the great state of Louisiana. What a drive it was! Twenty-one fun filled hours of "The Wheels on the Bus". All joking aside, Isaac did FABULOUS! He could not have been a better baby. It was such a blessing to be able to have my mother along to help keep the little man busy.
Tyson drove the moving truck pulling our other car while my father followed which takes quite a bit of patience as the truck could only go 65! We almost made it to Memphis the first night and were able to pull into our new home around 5:30 Sunday evening. What a relief to find our "sight unseen" apartment to be a beautiful place to call home. God has provided wonderfully for our little family!
Tyson's new boss and a few co-workers came to help unload the truck. I have to explain that this was no simple task. 1. We live on the second floor with no elevator 2. Two of the men helping were over the age of fifty 3. Louisiana Heat!!! Every person that helped was soaked to their waistline with sweat! We are so thankful for their help, but it has already been decided that when it comes time to move again we WILL be hiring a company to do it all for us!
I have also concluded that I hate unpacking! Who knew we had so much stuff, I'm thinking things had to have reproduced enroute to our new home...there are things I don't know where they came from!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are glad you made it safely to Louisiana! Yes, that was a LONG drive! We certainly were thinking about you. Uncle LaVerne would like to have Tyson's new email address so he can stay in contact with his "concrete/fly ash" man. Stay cool!!
Love & Blessings,
Uncle LaVerne & Aunt Susan

Mark and Laura said...

We are so glad you made it safely. I am glad that Isaac did so well too. What a blessing. We are officially moving on August 9 so are busily packing our house. I can't believe how much stuff we have too. UGH!

Marti said...

Miss you guys! Anticapting what the Lord has in store for you guys there...so please keep us posted.

♥ Marti