Wednesday, August 18, 2010

First Day of School

Well, it is official...the little man is growing up! Mommy and Daddy dropped him off for his first day of school and we (well more Mommy) anxiously waited to pick him up. (In my defense, that was a long three hours! )

He walked right in and started playing like it was an every day thing. Not even a hug! (Rough...on the Mommy) We picked him up and took him to Subway for his first day of school special lunch. While sitting there we asked him about his first day.
Mommy: How did you like school?
Isaac: I cried a little.
Mommy: You did? What about?
No real answer just kept eating
Mommy: So did you like your teacher, Mrs. ****?
Isaac: No, not really
Okay, so I try not to laugh just because his answer hits my funny bone. He seems to not really want to chat too much about school (which about kills me) so we let it drop.
Through the course of the day it comes out that he was upset due to not having his routine hug/kiss before we left and that the teacher had told him he couldn't do something and was now put on the "not really" liked list. He then decides that crying and "I went one day to school...I will go again when I get bigger". Lots of talking (and I do mean a lot because he had to bring it up every fifteen minutes that he had "already gone one day" and wasn't planning on going back) and he finally decides to worry about it tomorrow and gets to bed.

Day 2: Okay Mom, "I'll go one more day". *Finger raised at eye level to be sure I understand ONE*
Hug/kiss mom walks away. Screaming begins! Ugh...rough again for Mommy (now, I was a pre-school teacher...he'll be fine, I know this...BUT ITS MY BABY NOW!!!)
Mommy leaves prays for three hours.
Pick up: PRAISE THE LORD! Smiling boy ready to go home and looking forward to school on Monday! Now to explain repeatedly Monday is a few days away

1 comment:

Life's Little Lessons said...

This was too funny! I am so glad that he is enjoying it! Makes for a better day for you.