Monday, August 13, 2012

Preschool Day 2 = First Hair Cut!



Someday this will be a funny memory....but not quite yet!

Mommy and Daddy excited to peek in on Little Miss her second day of preschool!
Well, that was the case until...I peek in the little class window and don't see her right away, until a little girl steps to the side. They are playing beauty shop. How cute right?! Isabel is sitting at the vanity and the little girl has a red pair of plastic scissors in her hand. Mommy reasons they obviously would be pretend scissors. So I watch as Daddy comes up behind
 I say those are pretend, right?!
Daddy sees a small silver shine, exclaims, "those are real! Get in there!"
Mommy hurries in to stop the busy snip snip snipping of little beauty shop friend. (keep in mind I'm very pregnant aka emotional, trying not to scare our daughter or any other child on their second day of school)
                                                           Daddy is...well, FUMING!
 (Mostly because teacher has scooped up a lot of hair and already thrown it in the trash!)
Truthfully there was A LOT of hair on the floor when I walked in; I really thought we would see a huge bald spot based on the amount on the floor.
I look at Daddy and try to calm him saying "it's just hair" and encourage him to step out of the room. Which he does after grabbing a fist full of sweet baby girl hair.
Trying my best to hold it together we "happily" say see you Monday and head out the door.
                                                                       *Tear*
As I wipe a few tears away in the van (still trying to not completely lose it...) Big brother's voice from the back says,"It's just hair Mom, it will grow back"
ah, the wisdom of a five year old!

So here are a few pictures of our "emergency" FIRST HAIR CUT with Mrs. Jan
I have to be honest it could have been SO much worse. Essentially she was given some short layers particularly on one side...but Mrs. Jan worked her magic and all is well, or at least getting better ;)



With the hair Daddy managed to save! (that's about 1/3 of what was on the floor!!!)

No comments: