Sunday, August 23, 2009

A Month of Madness

I'm sure by now you all are thinking we've dropped off the face of the earth...nope! Just a month of sheer chaos in the lives of the Rupnows. I'm not even sure where to start seeing as I haven't updated in what seems like forever! Lets see... we started the house hunting process and made an offer mid May. Though we went through many Many MANY (did I mention many) delays in underwriting we finally got to sign for our first house on the 21st of July and were moved by the 23rd. Praise the Lord for young guys Tyson works with and my parents being able to make it here early!!! Did I mention that I'm nine months pregnant at this time and had been told by my doctor to "take it easy as possible and stay off my feet"! My blood pressure was creeping and I was now set to be induced on the 27th. We rapidly unpacked and tried to settle in a little before our little princess, Isabel, made her grand appearance. We came home on the 29th with her jaundice levels being a little elevated and lab recheck set for the 31st. We spent a nice first day at home on the 30th and went to our appointment on the 31st drove the 20-25 minutes back home and received a phone call letting us know that Isabel's bilirubin levels were too high and she needed to be admitted into the NICU. There was a room ready and waiting for us as soon as we could get our things together and get her there. Aug 2nd we were released from the NICU. After getting home and trying to spend sometime with the little man we gave him a bath and settled down for the night. Or so we thought...a half hour before bed Isaac was playing and ran into the edge of our couch splitting his eyelid open. A trip to the ER and three stitches later we were finally home again! So hopefully things will settle down a little and we will get into a new routine.

Pictures of baby, boy & house coming soon!

1 comment:

Mark and Laura said...

I'm glad to know that we aren't the only ones who have had a crazy busy summer full of surprises and new adjustments. =) Glad you all are doing well and I hope things are truly settling down for you all for a while. I know you need it with a new little one at home. Can't wait to see some pictures of your little princess.